How to Become a Certified Disney Travel Agent

A certified Disney travel agent earns money from commissions on a per-booking basis and is paid by Disney. The customer, therefore, only has to pay the net cost of the trip without any extras.

Are you one of those working in the travel industry, who considers himself to be an expert of sorts on all things Disney? Do you find yourself scheduling a personal Disney vacation a little too often? If the answer is in the affirmative, you can consider being a Disney-certified travel agent. This way, you can make great use of your expertise to create some fabulous and personalized holidays for your customers.

Furthermore, as a certified agent, you will be able to solicit exclusive offers and discounts, which are only valid for bookings made through an agent like you. Sounds enticing enough? So, here’s how you can go about it.

Who is eligible for being a Disney-certified travel agent?
Those of you who own or work in a travel agency as a qualified agent, or operate as a home-based one can apply for the training program. A certified travel agent in this case refers to your IATA/CLIA qualification. Prior work experience is not necessary, but would definitely give you an edge. You will not be able to register for the training program without your IATA/CLIA identification.


How does one register for the training program?
You need to visit the Disney Travel Agents web page to register yourself. Here, you need to enter your IATA/CLIA id, along with your name and e-mail address, and create an account for yourself. After this, click on the “College of Knowledge” link, and begin browsing to understand the training procedures.


How is the training conducted?
After you register, the training is offered through Disney’s College of Knowledge program, which will require Internet access. It is imperative that you are up-to-date with everything that goes into the making of a Disney vacation, as it will certainly come in handy throughout the duration of your course. Before you sign up, it is recommended that you brush up regarding the latest trends concerning each of Disney’s hugely popular resorts. The online course is quite rigorous, and requires dedication and thorough knowledge. It comprises comprehensive training regarding every aspect of a Disney holiday, including hotel bookings, trip planners, restaurant reservations, special events, and other park details. You will be tested for your level of expertise and competence at every stage, and having satisfactorily performed, you can complete the course successfully.

On completion of the online coursework, you will be able to gain access to the exclusive travel agents’ page, which has the latest deals on packages and special offers.


Be aware that earning your “mouse ears” isn’t so easy.
With the hype and expectations associated with any Disney holiday, it goes without saying that it’s going to take a lot for you to be able to use the Disney Authorized Vacation Planner logo on to your website or agency brochure. Disney conducts a thorough and painfully detailed evaluation of each agency before they can claim their Disney certification.


What if I do not have an IATA/CLIA qualification?
In this case, you will have to register with a Disney Authorized Vacation Planner like Mickey Vacations to become an independent contractor, who offer a ‘work from home’ training program. This program helps you gain CLIA certification, along with assistance to become an Independent Contractor. Mind you, an Independent Contractor is a Disney Travel Consultant, not a certified agent.

It’s time you turned your passion for Disney vacations into a worthy profession. After all, doing what you love is the best profession to be in.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *